April 01, 2014

Some impressions from my workbench

Hey folks,

here's a short update on what's been going on lately. Not much time painting, but I made some progress on a unit of Catachan soldiers. I tried out the new NMM paint set from Scale 75, which is really nice. Here are some pictures I took during the process, but they are still WIP.








As the Duke of Bavaria is coming closer, I was also working on some sculpting projects for the open category. The bust below is inspired by Benedict Cumberbatch's performance as Khan in Star Trek - Into Darkness. The scale is pretty big on this one.



And I visited Pedro Fernnández' sculpting workshop in Augsburg some time ago. I went for a 32mm scale Inquisitor, which I even casted myself after completion. The painting is still unfinished.






I also grabbed a long forgotten WIP figure from my cabinet to test some skin effects and NMM copper. Maybe I'll even finish this minotaur. ;)




Thanks for reading. Feel free to ask questions or drop a comment.

Regards,
Androsch

2 comments:

  1. I like the bullets on the dude with the machine gun. The copper NMM on the minotaur is pretty spectacular as well. Though it's the skin tones that really stand out on all of these. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete